Friday, October 10, 2014

Oh Happy Day!




Welcome Miss Harlowe Carolyn Walker.  Eight pounds, 9 ounces and gorgeous.  Harlowe is thriving and Mom and dad (Jolie and Joshua) are doing well after 25 hours of labor and a cesarean section.  She is the second grandchild of our sweet Carolyn, who is with us in heart and spirit.  Little 19 month old Bryce couldn’t go to the hospital to meet his new little cousin so he made a video saying, “Hi baby.” Our whole family is walking on air, and granddaughter Anna called to tell me how beautiful her niece is she said she was surprised I answered because she was sure I would be on my way there to see for myself.  Oh that I could have!
                                          A man who is totally in love with this baby girl.


I need to knit socks.   
 
There are now 18 pairs in my sock drawer but they won’t last because Dear Daughter keeps making “I need socks” runs on it.  Unfortunately for me we wear the same size.  She wears them to keep her feet warm in the ER and to cushion her feet in those “every nurse wears them” mules.  Well, maybe not every nurse but I’ve seen a lot of them.  Anyway, sock knitting is in my future.  I’m so thankful I know how to knit socks!


I was recently reminded by one of Nancy’s posts of the dear lady who taught me to knit.  I was 9 years old and my mother’s best friend Stella was always around and always knitting.  I told her I would like to learn, so she taught me—with great patience and grace. Stella Threkeld was a beautiful, talented woman.  She also taught me to crochet when I was older (13) and she had the magic touch—gentle and playful.  She made crafts fun and told me once, “Have fun with it or don’t do it.”  I’ll never forget Stella!


Though my incessant puppy photo posts may border on too much sometimes, I just had to share this one with you.  If you enlarge the picture you will see that Macy either has a big grin on her face or is dreaming of saying a few well-chosen words to a squirrel.

And proof that Max, even as a puppy, was good time Charlie…. 
Life is good.













4 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations! What precious photos of Harlowe, especially with her daddy.

Yes, nearly very nurse I've seen wears the same shoes - mules and often Crocs.

Love the story of Stella. I would have loved to sit and visit with her. "Have fun or don't do it" will be my new mantra!

kathy b said...

Welcome baby!!!!! I love the name choice.

STELLA!! How wonderful that she taught you to knit.

More baby pictures ! More fur baby pictures too.

SissySees said...

Congrats!! Don't tell the pups, but for a change, my favorite photo is of Dad and baby. I'm quite sure my father looked at me that way too...

and now I need a tissue!

elns said...

Congratulations on the little one! Baby happiness is really such a wonderful thing.

I love the spirit of craft Stella taught you. These people that come into our lives. It is what it's all about isn't it?

Oh and the pups too :)